Optimize The Performance Of Your P2P Software
We love torrents coz they are free. Today I will show how to use these tips to get the most out of your P2P software.
Increase download speed
Make the following changes in uTorrent preferences.
Go to Options> Settings> Network
First Under 'Port used for incoming connections ", enter a port number. It is better to use a port number of the 10000th I use 33333rd
2. Randomize each port utorrent starts: unchecked. I leave this unchecked because I have a router. If you have a router or firewall, and want more security, check this option.
3. Enable UPnP port mapping (Windows XP or later versions): unchecked. I leave this unchecked because I have experienced slow speeds. Not required if you manually port forward.
4. Add uTorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions (Windows XP SP2 or later): unchecked (only if you have disabled the Windows firewall)
5th Global maximum download speed (kb / s): [0: unlimited]: 22 (for 256K connection)
6. Encryption Protocol: Hon recommend everyone to enable this. This can help increase the speed of many service providers.
7. Allow incoming Legacy Connections: PROVEN
Go to Options> Preferences> Torrents
1. The maximum number of connections globally: 130 (for 256k connection) This number should not be too low or the number of connections to your torrents will be limited. Set too high may cause too much bandwidth to use and can cause delays.
2. Most linked Fri torrent peers: 70 (and 256 in relation to) If you find that the peer connected to a specific torrent are exactly this number, or very close, increase this number to improve speed.
3. Number of upload slots per torrent: 3 (256k connection) This depends on how you want to send to other users. Do not be too low, or it may influence the download speed.
4. Using other charging slots if upload speed <90% of selected
5. The maximum number of active torrents: 2 (for 256k connection)
6. The maximum number of active downloads: 1 (for 256k connection)
7th Enable DHT Network: CHECKEDThis recommended to be checked to improve speeds. More people will be available for sharing if this option is checked.
8th Enable DHT for new torrents: verified
9. Enable Peer Exchange: CHECKED
10. Enable scrapping: the choice
11. Ready to share all files selected
12. Add ut to incomplete files:.! BAGGAGE
If you have a firewall
1. Open the Options / Settings / Firewall settings - usually the firewall has to click the icon in the taskbar
2. Search the keywords "Allow List" or "programs"
3rd Add the program you want to give access to the Internet
4. Remember to save the settings when you are ready to
If you have a router
1. Go to Start> Run> type cmd and then press ENTER type> ipconfig and press ENTER
2nd Remember both your IP address and default gateway
3. Enter the default gateway in the default browser, a password prompt may come up. The username and password are admin on my router
4th Under "Applications" to complete one row for each client you use P2P
5th You must use your IP address, the correct port range and set TCP or UDP
6th You can find and change the ports in the settings of real P2P client, just make sure they are the same in the router
7. Most P2P applications require TCP and UDP check if you are unsure check your P2P client FAQ
8. Save Settings
2. Block Fake Peers
Anti-P2P organizations are actively polluting P2P networks with fake peers, which sends forged or false information in order to waste bandwidth and slow down file transfers. At worst, when downloading major copyrighted torrents, up to a quarter of peers you are connected can be attributed to various Anti-P2P agencies. It 'also the much more serious than that. Once connected to one of these fake "peers", your IP is logged and is likely to be sent to the RIAA / MPAA.
But there is a way to fight! If you are using the latest uTorrent, you can use a little known feature called IP filtering. The author of uTorrent is out of his way to hide it, but it is there nonetheless. But before we can activate this filter, we need to retrieve a list of IP addresses currently known anti-P2P organizations.
This is most easily done by downloading the latest blacklist Bluetack (the same people who wrote the Safe Peer for Azureus BT client).
This list is updated daily and contains all known anti-P2P organizations, trackers and peers as well as all IP addresses that are known Government / Military Bluetack collected by the team. Once downloaded, extract and rename the file "ipfilter.dat" in preparation for the final phase.
To make it available for uTorrent, you must put it in% AppData% \ uTorrent \. Then write in the address bar, or click Start -&; Run and type this. After placing ipfilter.dat in this case, start uTorrent and go to Preferences (Ctrl + P), then click "Advanced". In the right pane, check that "ipfilter.enable" is set to true, then close the dialog box. That's the setup.
You can review the list has been loaded by looking under "Registration" tab in uTorrent, you should see the line "Loaded ipfilter.dat (input X)."
3. Hide IP
Your IP address is your online identity and can be used by hackers to break into your computer, steal personal information or commit other crimes against them. Hide My IP allows you to surf anonymously, change your IP address, prevent identity theft and protection against intrusions from hackers. This software can be used not only in the case of hiding your IP from other peers, but is also useful if you want to surf the Internet anonymously.